Java News Tips Software
Java News Tips Software | Contact | Facebook | Twitter RSS

GWT not working on Internet explorer 7 (IE7) giving "Element not found" javascript error

GWT web application started to give "Element not found" javascript error message on Internet Explorer 7 (IE7)? This application worked fine on Internet Explorer 6 and Firefox 2. Now your best guess would be; GWT not working on IE 7 properly. Wasn't it?

But the scenario became confusing and unbelievable because your application worked fine on IE7 in some machines while not on some others. Have you faced this issue? Then the below solution is for you.

This issue can be fixed by a making a change on windows registry.

Steps to follow are;
1. Open up the Registry editor - type regedit on command prompt.

2. Look for the key shown below
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0B}\1.1\0\win32

3. Click on the "Default" row and see the value there. If it's value is "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll", then that is what causes the above mentioned issue. If you have installed Windows in a different drive; C:\ must be replaced with the that letter.

4. Replace that value with "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll".

5. Now restart IE7, and load your GWT application.

Labels: , , , ,

18 Comments

1. Hey, appreciated your post here. I was getting a similar error while trying to use IE7 to access oracle applications, and this resolved my problem. Many thanks!
  2. Anonymous Anonymous on October 04, 2008 6:35 PM
    Thanks ........... this resolved my problem.............................:)
  3. This worked for me as well, I had a web login that would not process the password...nothing happened no message other than the error in the lower left of browser.
  4. Anonymous Anonymous on February 05, 2009 8:39 PM
    I am also another Oracle Apps user with this problem. Your solution fixed it! Thanks for posting this.
  5. Anonymous Anonymous on March 05, 2009 5:44 AM
    THANK YOU! Now to know why this was mis-set in the first place...
  6. Thanks a lot.
    Even though this problem was not related to this application but it solved the same problem on another application.

Thanks
  7. Anonymous Anonymous on May 18, 2009 10:44 PM
    Many many thanks to you!

I am really surprised, was stuck to fix a simple bookmark javascript code. it works for me too!

Thanks you again!
  8. WOW!

This is crazy. I wonder what other JavaScript bugs this the root cause for in IE7?
  9. Thanks - this solutions also works for IE8.
  10. Anonymous Anonymous on December 27, 2009 9:38 PM
    Thanks so much for this solution, it works like a charm.
    I was facing the same issue while submitting OTL Timesheet in Oracle Time and Labor and it worked fine after this registry change.

Many Thanks
  11. Thanks I too was having issues with oracle apps and this fixed the issue!

AieshaDot
  12. Anonymous Anonymous on June 09, 2010 2:50 PM
    Thanks for this - great help!!
  13. Anonymous Anonymous on March 05, 2011 12:07 AM
    This fix was perfect for us as we are having issue with Oracle HR Self Service. The problem is something on certain machines is overlaying the register key with another value and then this fix is truncated. Has anyone using any Oracle application found and Oracle solution to the issue instead of the register key change?
  14. Anonymous Anonymous on June 15, 2011 11:21 PM
    Works like a charm...I was having problem with Google Translator, thanks for the posting.
  15. Anonymous Anonymous on August 24, 2011 11:52 AM
    Hi Kamal,

Thanks a lot. Resolved the show stopper problem in our application

Regards,
    Pushpa
  16. genius. fixed my Oracle R12 / IE7 problem
  17. Anonymous Anonymous on October 27, 2011 7:20 AM
    Big thank you !! I solved this problem..
  18. Anonymous Anonymous on February 20, 2012 7:32 PM
    Very,Very thanks. My problem was resolved :-)
ABOUT AUTHOR
Page Views :
Email :
PREVIOUS ARTICLES
Select Month:
Free counter and web stats